The Law of Attraction says that what we focus on, we bring about.
A few years ago I hadn’t heard much about this but I did know that there were people who believed you could manifest your desires by focusing on them.
A lady I knew had cured herself of cancer by visualising herself as healthy and cancer free and going on a raw food diet. So I knew the mind had miraculous properties.
Well around that time I had a random thought “I’d love to have $100,000 in cash or liquid assets within 3 years”. . I had a total of $4,000 to my name, was living in a new country and starting over from scratch. And I had recently changed professions too!
Figured that would be a fun goal to achieve so let’s go for it.
I wrote this intention down on paper and came up with a few ideas on how I could make and save $.
Which included sharing a house with flatmates, not drinking, eating fewer lunches outside of the home etc. I still went to the movies, went to dinners, went out dancing, pretty much did whatever I wanted.
2 years and a few months later, I was at $60,000. On a highly inconsistent income working 8-9 months a year. Most people I knew (in and around my income bracket) were still living pay check to pay check even though some of them made more money.
This was mind-blowing – I’d never saved more than $2000-$4000 in my life, even when I earned twice as much in the past!
So how did this happen and what can you learn from it? Here’s what I learned.
1st lesson: It’s not what you make, it’s what you save.
2nd lesson: Setting an intention & believing it will happen = most likely will.
3rd lesson: Don’t focus on HOW it will happen, IF it will happen – your job is to ask, stay in alignment with your desire, and receive.
Looking back, this is what was KEY to my manifestation! I didn’t worry about the How’s, What’s, Where’s and When’s of it.
Also, I thought of it as fun, not something I needed so there was no attachment to it.
Yes of course I could do with more money! But I was already happy as I was and wasn’t desperate, needy or clingy. (As we all know by now, this is probably the most important component of manifesting what we want – having a clear, relaxed, fun vibe w/o the above)
If I were to outline the steps to take, this is somewhat like how it would go:
1) Decide on what you want and ask for it: “I want $100,000 in cash in the next couple of years”
2) Clearly state your time bound intention in the present tense: “I have $100,000 in cash in my bank as on Dec 31, 2009” – I also wrote down my immediate (next few months), short term (1-2 years) and long term (5 years) goals, but this is just me, you don’t have to unless inspired.
3) Know your reasons why: Why do you want this $? To travel? To feel secure? To have more time? To buy a home? To be happy? It’s important to be clear about this too because when you know why you want something, your desire is clear, strong and focused.
And the Universe likes clear instructions.
4) Take Inspired Action: It can look different for each of you. Just watch for a little voice, an unspeakable desire to do something, a sign from the Universe, follow your fun and ‘feel good’, trust your intuition –
In my case this was creating a budget and cutting down some expenses, brainstorming ways to earn $ in my career and taking out 20 books on money and abundance from the library – all of which made me feel good and kept me in the money vibe.
5) Stay focused on your intention: You can read it out every day, create a vision board, or just put it away after you’ve infused enough energy into it – I read out my intention everyday with full knowing and joy – I chose to believe this was happening right now. I did this for a month and then put it away.
6) Acknowledge all the abundance coming to you in different ways: gifts, pennies on the floor, free lunches and dinners, prizes you win, tips, raises, even perfect parking spots! – I noticed that I was getting more tips at work, was starting to win things, finding all my favorite clothes on sale – signs I took to mean money magic!
7) Do NOT be attached to how it will happen: eg, about $10 K was a gift from my parents and at first I thought “Oh THAT doesn’t count!” This reaction told me I had a hidden belief that I had to earn it all, that it had to be the result of WORK.
When in fact, attracting money is not work. The Universe takes the path of least resistance and quickest way to give you what you want. This brings me to the next point.
8 ) Examine your money beliefs: Now ideally you will have done this already but if not, this is a great time to look at what you think about money and change any negative beliefs that may be stopping you from experiencing real abundance.
Point to remember: These money beliefs are not yours, they were instilled in you as a child by your primary caretakers and thus, are THEIR beliefs that you took on. If you have good solid beliefs, you’re one of the lucky ones, congrats!
Most of us had to find our way into the world of new positive money beliefs and/or are still on that path. Hmmm I’m going to talk about this (and how to create new beliefs) in another blog post ‘cos there’s just so much to this topic!
9) Allow your goals to change: Yes, this can happen. You may realise you don’t want the initial thing after all, that what you really want instead is to be happy, have more time etc. –
After I got to $60,000 in about 2 years, I didn’t have the same passion about my original goal as before so I stopped giving energy to it. The experiment made me realise more of my values and that I could get what I wanted anytime as long as I was in alignment with my desire and believed I’d get it.
10) Celebrate your successes!! You are a powerful manifestor, take time to acknowledge and love that about yourself. Know that the world really is your oyster and you can choose to create what you want and live the life you dream about.
Instead of doubting your attraction powers, actively manage your thoughts, energy/vibration and desires. Success my friend, is yours!
Ps: these steps are just the order that came naturally to me – they are by no means a hard and fast rule, just a general guide!
Now it’s your turn! I know you have manifesting successes and would love to hear your story.
What about your money goals – do you think they are realistic? Unrealistic? What stops you from achieving them and what would help you get there? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas and responses!