Something’s in the air.
Have you been in a wee funk lately? A few days or a week? Working too hard? Anxiety bubbling up? Lost? Sad? Angry? Wanting to smash something or make drastic changes?
It could be ..
- Summer’s Failure to Launch (hello, Vancouver!)
- Or an overdose of it (ouch, Texas)
- Summer holidays with kids on 24-7 (fun AND tiring?)
- Endless days chained to a desk (ugh)
- The realisation that this is the 3rd quarter of the year (already!?)
- x, y, z, a, b, c *insert reason here*
It could be .. the Cancer-Capricorn Full Moon where you’re:
“drawn into the karma-heavy, rich, musty, earthy caves of the collective past” and helped to “get rooted in the home of the Self, where you take stock of what you’ve got, what you need, and let go of what is no longer working”.
When seasons change, we usually go through a period of change. Shining the spotlight on what is, what isn’t, learning by living in contrast, letting go, embracing the new. Nature does it. You do it.
By choice, or by circumstance.
Regardless of whether you believe in astrology, these are valuable insights.
As our online worlds get busier and crazier (talking to you, Google +!), the time we spend in contemplation, silence and thoughtful consideration reduces.
That’s if you even did much of that to start.
It all adds up! You can either wallow or make a choice to change something. Neither is good or bad, just CHOOSE from free will. Whatever’s been going on for you, you’re not the only one.
I posted this question about 45 min ago on the YLYW facebook page (join us!):
Curious .. what’s your # 1 strategy to get out of a funk? Ps: If you’re in one right now, I want you to know that you’re NOT alone. Take heart, it will be over soon xo.
and ended up with a “crowdsourced” list of your best strategies to get out of a funk, along with acknowledgements of how many people were feeling it.
Check out the rest of the conversation here.
When you are in a state of lack or ‘missing’ something, one of the best ways to feel abundant and full, is to give to others what you perceive to lack.
- Feeling disconnected? Instead of focusing on that, reach out and connect with 5 people.
- Lonely? Tell someone you love them and spend time with them.
- Irritable? Hug a child.
Without fail, the practice of giving what you need the most helps you change your vibration, break old patterns that don’t serve you and creates movement.
And for those times when you feel too funked out to think, here’s a handy list of YOUR top 25 ways to get out of a funk.
From you, to you:
- Watch your favorite movies
- Listen to good music. Loud.
- Find good company to be around
- Do artwork
- Talk to a friend
- Count your blessings
- Watch funny youtube videos
- Hold on tight to the knowledge that there is always a lesson. It might take a while to find but it is there!
- Hang out at inspiring facebook pages and blogs
- Read a good book
- Funny websites
- A power nap
- Long soak in a bubble bath
- Drive outside of the city so you can see to the horizon
- Stop by the grocery and pick up a bouquet of flowers
- Give your cat more attention
- Move your body – walk, run, yoga
- Mantracise: “This too shall pass”
- Take a break and watch Battlestar Gallactica on Netflix
- Relax, be, allow and trust
- Hit some tennis balls
- Engage your mind – learn something new
- Have a good cry and fall asleep on the couch
What’s YOUR # 1 tip for beating the blues? Tell us in the comments and thanks for sharing! Also -
If you want to live more authentically, connect with the essence of who you truly are & get your SHINE back, check out the 21 day Inner Sparkle e-course.
1. Sign up here for weekly Tuesday inspiration updates right in your inbox (& get the fun, FREE ebook on 10 top KICKASS ways to stop procrastinating and get things DONE).
2. Join the Facebook page for daily inspiration & coaching tips.