I share inspiring quotes at the Your Life YOUR Way facebook page (click the link to join) and have collected 75 of the best kickass inspirational quotes on life, love, happiness, change & growth that I’ve found. Bookmark this post & visit anytime for inspiration!
ps: I’ve spent hours creating this post, looking for the right images/sources but if you see one that isn’t credited properly or want removed, pls email me at tia at coachtia dot com & I’ll fix it, thanks!
25 Kickass Inspirational Quotes about Life
1. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw.
2. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.
3. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant - Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way WE are - Talmud.
5. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back - Arthur Rubinstein.
6. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be – Marcel Pagnol.
7. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu.
8. Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
9. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like – Will Rogers.
11. I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been - Wayne Gretzky.
12. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional - Anony-mouse.
13. Every man dies. Not every man really lives – William Ross Wallace.
14. Life isn’t a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘Woohoo WHAT A RIDE’!
16. Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security – John Allen Paulos.
17. You are not in this world to live up to other people’s expectations, nor should you feel the world must live up to yours – F Perl.
18. How you do one thing, is how you do everything. Be aware.
19. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing – Helen Keller.
20. Life is not about kissing a**, it’s about kicking a**!
21. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau.
22. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself - Harvey Fierstein.
23. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
24. In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away - Shing Xiong.
25. Dance like the photo’s not being tagged. Love like you’ve never been unfriended. Sing like nobody’s following. Share like you care. And do it all like it won’t end up on youtube!
25 Inspirational Quotes about Love & Happiness
26. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in – Morrie Schwartz.
27. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with - Dr. Wayne Dyer.
28. Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder.
- Henry David Thoreau
29. I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it - Unknown
30. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.
31. Dear Heart, fall in love only when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely – Anony-mouse.
33. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance – Oscar Wilde.
34. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage - Lao Tzu.
35. When in doubt, choose Love.
36. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it – Rumi.
37. Happiness always sneaks in a door you did not think was open – Anony-mouse.
38. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean – Maya Angelou.
39. Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead - Scottish Proverb.
40. The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along - Rumi.
41. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
42. Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop – Gertrude Stein.
43. The appearance of things change according to the emotions and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty really are in ourselves - Kahlil Gibran.
44. You’re at the zoo, you have a popsicle, how can you be unhappy? - Dewey, Malcolm in the Middle.
45. Find the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or stay awake just to watch you sleep. The one who turns to his friends and says, “thats her” – Anony-mouse.
46. Don’t worry. Be happy.
47. Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.
48. Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours – Zig Ziglar.
49. My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right? – Charles Schultz (probably # 50!).
50. Happiness is a choice. Choose happy.
25 Inspirational Quotes about Change & Growth
51. If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill.
52. Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is.
53. No matter what, no matter how, where or who - you can almost always turn around and get a second chance - Anony-mouse.
54. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us – Alexander Graham Bell.
56. You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it - Albert Einstein.
57. Do or Do Not. There is no Try - Yoda.
58. We must let go of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbell.
59. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face - Eleanor Roosevelt.
60. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves – Viktor Frankl.
61. Change is inevitable. Progress is optional – Tony Robbins.
62. Be smart enough to hold on, be brave enough to let go. Sometimes, we need to hold onto faith while letting go of the outcome. Open your hand and hold your dreams gently, don’t try to grab them.
63. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished? - Rumi
64. If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves – Carl Jung.
65. I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time – Charlie Brown
66. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there – Will Rogers.
67. The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving - Oliver W Holmes.
68. The harder you fall, the higher you bounce – Unknown.
69. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I’ve ended up where I needed to be - Douglas Adams.
70. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
71. People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you – Unknown.
72. We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand - Randy Pausch.
73. You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was – Irish proverb.
74. You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind - Zig Ziglar
75. Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right - Henry Ford.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference – Reinhold Niebuhr. (The Serenity Prayer rocks!)
I hope you enjoyed this list and were inspired by it. If you’d like more such reminders in your life, please “like” / tweet / stumble / share, thanks!
** Want MORE BLISS and less stress in your life? Inner Sparkle: The 21 Day eCourse is made for you. Click here to get inspired. Happy. Sparkly. **
Life Coach / Awesomeness Inciter + Inner Sparkle Activator Tia Sparkles offers tips, advice, community hug-a-thons to ignite your Inner Sparkle — that shimmery part of your spirit that says YES to courage + connection, and NO WAY to ‘shoulds’ + restrictions.
She’s SO glad you’re here. Plane image source: google.com