75 of the BEST, Most Inspirational Kickass Quotes on Life, Love, Happiness, Change & Growth.

I share inspiring quotes at the Your Life YOUR Way facebook page  (click the link to join) and have collected 75 of the best kickass inspirational quotes on life, love, happiness, change & growth that I’ve found. Bookmark this post & visit anytime for inspiration!

ps: I’ve spent hours creating this post, looking for the right images/sources but if you see one that isn’t credited properly or want removed, pls email me at tia at coachtia dot com & I’ll fix it, thanks!

25 Kickass Inspirational Quotes about Life

1. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw.

2. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

3. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant - Robert Louis Stevenson.

4. We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way WE are - Talmud.

5. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back - Arthur Rubinstein.

6. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be – Marcel Pagnol.

7. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu.

8. Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.

9. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better – Ralph Waldo Emerson.

www.heymissawesome.tumblr.com

11. I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been - Wayne Gretzky.

12. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional - Anony-mouse.

13. Every man dies. Not every man really lives – William Ross Wallace.

14. Life isn’t a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘Woohoo WHAT A RIDE’!

www.etsy.com/listing/70961400

15. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein.

16. Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security – John Allen Paulos.

17. You are not in this world to live up to other people’s expectations, nor should you feel the world must live up to yours – F Perl.

18. How you do one thing, is how you do everything. Be aware.

19. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing – Helen Keller.

www.gregbaca.com

20. Life is not about kissing a**, it’s about kicking a**!

21. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau.

www.vinyl-wall-decals.com

22.  Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself - Harvey Fierstein.

23. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.

24. In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away - Shing Xiong.

Breathe. It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life. (tx Megan!)

25. Dance like the photo’s not being tagged. Love like you’ve never been unfriended. Sing like nobody’s following. Share like you care. And do it all like it won’t end up on youtube!

25 Inspirational Quotes about Love & Happiness

26. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in – Morrie Schwartz.

27. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with - Dr. Wayne Dyer.

28. Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder.
 - Henry David Thoreau

29. I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it - Unknown

Yes, you. Pass it on to someone you think is too.

30. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.

31. Dear Heart, fall in love only when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely – Anony-mouse.

32. “It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart - Anonymous (via Tad).

33. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance – Oscar Wilde.

34. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage - Lao Tzu.

35. When in doubt, choose Love.

36. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it – Rumi.

37. Happiness always sneaks in a door you did not think was open – Anony-mouse.

38. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean – Maya Angelou.

39. Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead - Scottish Proverb.

40. The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along - Rumi.

41. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.

42. Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop – Gertrude Stein.

43. The appearance of things change according to the emotions and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty really are in ourselves - Kahlil Gibran.

44. You’re at the zoo, you have a popsicle, how can you be unhappy? - Dewey, Malcolm in the Middle.

45.  Find the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or stay awake just to watch you sleep. The one who turns to his friends and says, “thats her” – Anony-mouse.

46. Don’t worry. Be happy.

47. Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.

48. Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours – Zig Ziglar.

49. My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right? – Charles Schultz (probably # 50!).

50. Happiness is a choice. Choose happy.

25 Inspirational Quotes about Change & Growth

51. If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill.

52. Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is.

53. No matter what, no matter how, where or who - you can almost always turn around and get a second chance - Anony-mouse.

54. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us – Alexander Graham Bell.

www.andrewmitchellphotography.tumblr.com

55. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George B Shaw.

56. You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it - Albert Einstein.

57. Do or Do Not. There is no Try - Yoda.

58. We must let go of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbell.

59. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face - Eleanor Roosevelt.

60. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves – Viktor Frankl.

61. Change is inevitable. Progress is optional – Tony Robbins.

62. Be smart enough to hold on, be brave enough to let go. Sometimes, we need to hold onto faith while letting go of the outcome. Open your hand and hold your dreams gently, don’t try to grab them.

63. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished? - Rumi

64. If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves – Carl Jung.

65. I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time – Charlie Brown

66. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there – Will Rogers.

www.cpthatsme.com

67. The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving - Oliver W Holmes.

68. The harder you fall, the higher you bounce – Unknown.

69. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I’ve ended up where I needed to be  - Douglas Adams.

70. The best way to predict the future is to create it.

71. People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you – Unknown.

72. We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand - Randy Pausch.

73. You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was – Irish proverb.

74. You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind - Zig Ziglar

75. Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right - Henry Ford.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference – Reinhold Niebuhr. (The Serenity Prayer rocks!)

www.dreamthisday.com

I hope you enjoyed this list and were inspired by it. If you’d like more such reminders in your life, please “like” / tweet / stumble / share, thanks!

** Want MORE BLISS and less stress in your life? Inner Sparkle: The 21 Day eCourse is made for you. Click here to get inspired. Happy. Sparkly. **

About Tia & Your Life YOUR Way:

Life Coach / Awesomeness Inciter + Inner Sparkle Activator Tia Sparkles offers tips, advice, community hug-a-thons to ignite your Inner Sparkle — that shimmery part of your spirit that says YES to courage + connection, and NO WAY to ‘shoulds’ + restrictions.

She’s SO glad you’re here. Plane image source: google.com

Enter your FIRST name + email for SPARKLING weekly inspiration, occasional shimmery updates & exclusive product offers, Sparklepants!
Bonus gift: Instant access to "120 most inspiring, motivational quotes of 2012" eBook.
We hate spam just as much as you

Facebook comments:

comments

Comments

1. says

Just bookmarked this on Stumbleupon. Will definitely get back to this post each week to tweet some remarks that I’ve found to be really inspiring :) Great job putting up this list Tia.

• says

Ta, Jason! I’m new to the world of stumbles so really appreciate that as well as your dedication to sharing this post every week :) You rock!

2. says

Oh…Em…Gee. Brilliant! I am so keeping this post on tap for great inspiration! THANK YOU, Tia for such great wisdom nicely wrapped up in such a thorough post! Being visual, the pics totally add so much and really spoke to me. I was really struck by the photo of the hand with the saying about letting go… Has been a major theme for me this past week. Thanks again!

• says

Thanks Amy! The intention was to do a 75 quote picture post but it was hard work finding the right images to complement the quotes so I decided to go with good enough :) It’s my fave post ever that I’ve created (feels wrong to say written, ha!). I reckon we all could do with the letting go reminder, huh. Huge appreciation for you!

3. says

(just correcting an error in my above thought)

After 70 tough years of good living, I still seek not a life my way nor your way not their way, but the best way, which is the way that harrms none.

4. says

(so sorry, I still erred in both of my above thoughts)

After 70 tough years of good living, I still seek not a life my way, nor your way, nor their way, but the best way, which is the way that harrms none.

(my point for making the errors above was to show how easy it is to mistate your comple thoghts to others)

• says

Hey Bobby .. do you mean to say you left 3 comments on purpose?

Still not sure what point you’re making – are you saying that your preference is to live life the best way or are you telling me that there’s a problem with people wanting to live their lives their way, or something else entirely?

I suppose that depends on what living your life your way means to you – to me, and to many others here, it means living authentically according to our values, living our best lives ever, owning our magnificence and stepping into our highest potential.

Thanks for dropping by!

• says

To me, the best life-the one I’ve always sought to live, but failed-is one lived by harming none and helping many. Any other life-even where one claims a life of being their very best self-is less than the best life.

• says

We’re saying the same thing in different ways, it seems :) My best life assumes kindness and oneness – helping but not harming others is but a part of it. Thanks for clarifying, have an awesome Sunday!.

5. says

you may be kind to, and one with me, even love me; but at same time and act, harm another.

I have been steadly selling everything i own for the past 10 years, and i still am for the sole purpose of helping to end poverty everywhere evermore for everyone, because i earned what i own with personal hard work and i’m selling it all at bargain prices, i harming none but helping many in my effort to help end poverty. to top it off i’ve personally lived in poverty for the past 8 years, an income of only $755.00 per month. see http://bobpippin.ning.com and http://cutterswholesale.com for just 2 examples of what i’m saying.

i only tell you all this trying to make my original point as clear as possible, because at 70 years old, i still think i’m failing my idea of not living my way, nor your way, not their way but the best way.

Thanks for tolerating this old man.

6. says

For quite a few their inner thoughts are so obvious it makes no sense to hide it from their boyfriend or husband. Love discovers depiction in various ways apart from the direct way by making use of love quotes.

• says

Actions are more important than words, and yet, words have power. Power we give them, no doubt. Kindness & love are shown in many ways – senses, words, actions..

7. says

To me, True Love best expresses itself clearly in thoughtful actions; and, thus, verbal expressions, such as love quotes, make good poetry, but are never really needed to depict True Love.

Let no one doubt, I honestly enjoyed every last word expressed in the “75 Most Inspirational Kickass Quotes on Life, Love, Happiness, Change & Growth.”

I think such poetry is truely useful in making the otherwise busy mind stop and think about the miraculous beauty of the Devine Gift of life, as well as inspiring so needed worthwhile caring action.

8. says

This is such a terrific list. I keep coming back to this page. Foreseeing I’m going to keep this open on a desktop window for a while. Thanks for sharing!

9. says

Hi Tia,

Awesome list!

The amazingly cool thing about this list is you could spend life-time dwelling on each quote. So much inspiration, joy-filled, high energy stuff here. Inspiring quotes have been a real catalyst for me. I used to be a pessimist. After intense personal development – including feasting on inspirational quotes – I’ve penned over 1000 inspirational quotes myself.

Feed on the stuff, and it rubs off on you….then you become influenced by these ideas….then you begin to embody the quotes themselves. Awesome, how it works.

Thanks for sharing the list with us Tia!

RB

10. says

It is very good to see. It contains more information what i need. It contains famous words. Hats off to your site and post . . I like this site very much . . So thank you very much.

Regards.

11. Josue says

Hi there! loved the quotes. Just wanted to say something about #32: It is part of one of my favorite poems. Its called “Was es ist” (What it is) from the german poet Erich Fried. Wonderful piece

12. gerah says

i really love your qoutes…

dear hearts,

fall in love only when your ready not when your lonely!! it makes sense on me!!!

13. Jihad says

I LOVED the way you connected the images with the quotes. and your smile actually reflects the attitude you have and the wonderful thoughts in your mind. Kind regards …

• says

Thanks Jihad, it was a moment of pure inspiration that started this off and getting the right pix was important to me. Loved this labour of love so it makes me happy that you do too!

14. Cheri Grimes says

This is such a terrific list. Thanks Amy! Will definitely get back to this post each week to tweet some remarks that I’ve found to be really inspiring Great job putting up this list Tia. No intent for seeming to argue you point, but in my view, kindness, oneness, and other such good acts toward others is but a tiny part of helping without harming.

• says

Appreciate the feedback, Cheri. No argument at all – just interpretations and we’re all saying the same thing :) All the best in 2012! Thank you!

15. kaycee pretty says

Tia,
    there are two things in life that inspires me..
    That’s music and quotes and i must say these quotes have been touching…
    You did a splendid work putting them together..
    Making me go through them everytime am less busy can make anybody that likes good quotes appreciate ur work..
    You’ll make a good author

Trackbacks

1. [...] show my appreciation to Tina Sparkles at Your Life Your Way for putting it together.  Amazing post!Your Life Your Way – 75 Best Kickass inspirational quotes on life love happiness change and gr…I hope you enjoyed this post.  Please forward it onto your friends via the social media buttons [...]

2. [...] Most inspirational quotes on life, love, happiness, change and growth I share inspiring pictorial quotes 2-3 times a week at the Your Life YOUR Way facebook page (click the link to join) and have collected 75 of the best kickass inspirational quotes on life, love, happiness & growth that I’ve found. [...]

3. [...] 10. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like – Will Rogers. 11. Best inspirational quotes on life, love, happiness, change and growth [...]

4. [...] from The Board of Wisdom. Quotes About Life from GoodReads.com. Life Quotes from BrainyQuote®. 75 Most Inspirational Kickass Quotes on Life, Love, Happiness, Change & Growth from Your Life YOUR Way. Rate this: Share this:EmailTwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to [...]