And if you’re not, you totally understand how the Universe operates – with perfect timing, repeating lessons till they are fully learned, absorbed and taken aboard.
It all started this morning as I woke up in a great mood and tweeted ”Act the way you want to feel, you’ll get there faster”.
It came from realising that sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we can’t get to that feel good place by trying. What works then, is to act the way you’d like to feel.
I’m not just talking about faking it till you make it.
Rather, when you can’t change how you’re feeling, take the attention away from that feeling and focus it on an action. Like playing music, reading a book, going for a walk, dressing up as though you’re going out (even if you’re not), heck even throwing a tantrum.
Fast forward 2 hours later and I tweeted ‘‘every mistake happens for a reason – to teach you a lesson you would otherwise never learn (via gossip girls – some good came of my guilty pleasure!)”
Little realising how true it would soon prove to be (and how RELEVANT).
What happened? I’ve got a trip planned to New Zealand and my passport is expiring. I was looking for a Very Important document needed to renew the passport. I emptied suitcases, I turned out closets, and I looked through all my files 2-3 times each.
After 3 hours I was fuming and worrying that I wouldn’t find it on time and upset that I’d waited all this time to do it. Then I remembered my last post.
Breathe, let go, do something else. That took me to Jeannette’s blog where she talked about clothes and their vibrations.
Bear with me, I do have a point!
All of last week I’ve been purging things I don’t absolutely love. From clothes to shoes to books to home decor to linen, if I don’t love it, it is OUT.
Cos back in April I wrote a post about 7 Ways to Up your Vibe. Point 3 was ‘Take Out Stuff You Kinda Like or Are Tolerating’ and that’s what I was doing all week. All month actually.
It was great except for one thing. I forgot about the 2 boxes that I had lying in storage. Well I didn’t forget, I was being lazy to go through them thinking oh I’ll get to them later.
Back to the current story: Just like last time, all the techniques I was using to feel better weren’t working. So I did the one thing I rarely do but is the only thing that seems to work for me sometimes.
I threw a tanty (yes, really.. don`t knock it till you try it – sometimes we MUST let the kid out).
I banged doors; I face booked ”having an absolute kitten! frown frownity frown GAH!! (edited for brevity)”. I got mad at myself, I cussed at the Universe for doing this to me and demanded that it FIX this mess.
Then I went and lay down, feeling much calmer. A minute later, I opened a file. 30 seconds later, there it was. In my hand. The elusive 3 hour hunt that started in my apartment and went down to the storage area, through all my winter clothes and summer boxes ended where it started, with the first file I looked at.
Which got me thinking. Nothing is ever a co-incidence. So what was the message in all this? Cos you know there is one.
Here`s the deal:
- Go all the way: Half a purge is better than no purge but if you really want results, you have to COMMIT and go all the way. This relates to anything and everything in life.
- Release: By throwing a fit (or any other way), you release the anxiety that keeps you stuck, leaving space for a better vibe to creep in. Really, that`s ALL a tanty is – a no holds barred letting go of pent up negative energy passing like a storm and leaving stillness and openness in it`s wake..
- Open the Door: If you keep holding on to how you are feeling, you block other feelings from coming up.
- Make Space: Similarly, if you keep holding on to things you barely like, where’s the space for the things you LOVE?
- Reflect: If you stop for a minute and think, you will find that the timing is ALWAYS perfect.
- TRUST: If something sucks in your life right now, rest assured it is happening to teach you a lesson.
- Know: One day you WILL be glad for it. Hindsight is always 20-20.
It has taken 2 blog posts and 3 days for me to finally get the message. I didn’t find the paper I needed because I was meant to get rid of the last vestiges of ‘tolerations and okay’s’ around me. It was the universal kick I needed to get my A into G and act my way into feeling better.
The divine timing could not have been better 🙂
Now I urge you to look into your life – what lessons are repeating over and over? What stories are you telling constantly? Where in your life do you have a blind spot? Look for something that never gets resolved – that is where your work is.