It’s a busy week working on rebranding exercises given to me by my Brand Coach, Andrea Shillington.
It’s so much fun seeing new directions emerge, fine tuning services and web content, and getting excited about a particular group of people that I can’t wait to start coaching soon!
In the midst of it all, I found this video that a new connection on twitter made a couple of months ago.
Cameron Herold, a Vancouver based businessman gave a Ted Talk in Edmonton called “How to Raise Your Children to be Entrepreneurs”.
I loved it SO much that I’m sharing it here with you.
Why is this topic so important?
Many reasons, 2 of which I’ll outline:
1) Because I believe in Entrepreneurship. And kids.
2) Because You believe in Entrepreneurship. And kids.
In teaching younger generations that it’s vital to think for themselves and encouraging them to find their passions as early as possible.
We, you and I, are in a position to do that for them.
To help and to learn from them.
As kids we think everything is possible, the world is our Oyster. As grown ups, we forget.
Let this be a reminder to you.
- What would your life have been if your parents had taught you entrepreneurial traits?
- And if they did, how have you benefited, what have you learned that the rest of us are just learning?
- If you could have a do over, what would you do differently to raise your child?
- What do you wish you’d been encouraged to do more?
These are some of the questions popping up in my mind after watching this vid.
Thanks Cameron, for an excellent talk.
I’m stoked to share this with the rad, cool, forward thinking readers of this blog. I hope you all enjoy his story & when you finish, please leave a comment telling me what you’re thinking.
Would love to hear what your views on this are and how YOU encourage your children to think outside the box.
What would you want your child to learn and know about life, passion and careers?
Let’s get this conversation started!