I’ll admit it.
I had a pretty pathetic/ineffective attitude for most of 2014.
It wasn’t that it was a bad year. Not at all!
Amongst the major things that happened, I..
- finished an epic Leadership course (that I got a scholarship for in the most magical of ways).
- got engaged & married the sweetest, most adorable man after dating for 3 months (post a 5 year dating drought).
- woke up every morning all tangled up in various cuddle positions with my man (best.feeling.ever).
- travelled to Paris, Madrid, Barcelona for a whirlwind and special 10 days (his first trip overseas).
- brought together 90% of my stuff under one roof (after living out of suitcases while travelling for a couple of years and having it littered across the globe in about 4 countries).
- was asked by Revlon India to be their Empowerment expert one month, and their Hopes & Dreams expert the next, as part of their 13 month social media campaign in India.
Some pretty good stuff, ay?
And yet, this was also the year that I was out of sorts with myself.
No matter what happened, I wasn’t truly happy.
Yes, there was some unexpected stuff that hurt me deeply, made me feel depressed. Yes, the fact that I was letting yet another year go by without fulfilling the vision I had for this site added to my frustration.
(I blogged ALL of 2 times in 2014 till the Campaign in November. Two. Dos. 2!! Sigh..)
And while everyone said hey this is a big year, it’s understandable, enjoy marriage etc, I was too hard on myself and walked around under a little black cloud a fair bit. There’s a lot more to it of course, but that’s for another day.
(Yes, I’m still married. Happily! Although sometimes.. grr)
What I want to stress on is this:
Everything I experienced, good or bad, was less to do with the things that happened, and more thanks to my attitude towards them.
Some totally justified. Which still didn’t help me feel any better, y’know?
So I decided about 7 hours ago (that’s how long it took me to put this post together, yo!) to:
1) have a better, kickassier, and more gracious attitude this year and
2) create a post of the bestest ever attitude quotes floating around the Interwebs.
Because, why not.
I want to be the kind of person who always has a great, sexy attitude, no matter the weather (internal or external).
If you want to have a better attitude this year too, holla below & I’ll send you super special good ‘tude juju during my daily meditation/chanting.
ATTITUDE. ATTITUDE. ATTITUDE.
1. It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude. – Zig Ziglar.
2. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. – Winston Churchill.
3. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it. – Dale Carnegie.
4. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll.
5. The ultimate source of happiness is our mental attitude. – Dalai Lama.
6. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson.
7. A bad attitude is like a flat tyre. If you don’t change it, you’ll never go anywhere. – Unknown.
8. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. – Albert Einstein.
9. People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude. – John C Maxwell.
10. It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. – Charles Darwin.
11. Well-behaved women seldom make history. – Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.
12. Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done. – Bo Bennett.
13. When something bad happens, you have 3 choices: You can either let it define you, destroy you, or let it strengthen you. – Anon.
14. You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West.
15. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. – Oscar Wilde.
16. Always ignore hateful attitudes or rude behaviour of people. They are powerless without your response. – Bushra Rana.
17. Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new. – Og Mandino.
18. The difference between can and cannot is only three letters. Three letters that can shape your life’s direction. – Remez Sasson.
19. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean.
20. Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do… but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there. – Venus Williams.
21. With hair, heels, and attitude, honey, I am through the roof. – Ru Paul.
22. A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart. – Goethe.
23. I’ve never met an ugly person unless their attitude showed me otherwise. – Anon.
24. Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln.
25. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz.
26. Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike. – Oscar Wilde.
27. A bad attitude can literally block love, blessings, and destiny from finding you. Don’t be the reason you don’t succeed. – Mandy Hale.
28. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. – C. S. Lewis.
29. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us. – John Mitchell.
30. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr Seuss.
31. A positive attitude from you tends to produce a positive attitude toward you. – Deborah Day.
32. We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. – Charles Swindoll.
33. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein.
34. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. – Rumi.
35. Anything is possible if you’ve got enough nerve. – JK Rowling.
36. I don’t have time to hate people who hate me, because I’m too busy loving people who love me. – Anon.
37. Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. – Francesca Reigler.
38. It’s never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot.
39. Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up. – Allen Klein.
40. The only disability in life is a bad attitude. – Scott Hamilton.
41. If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there. – George Harrison.
42. It is our attitude toward events, not events themselves, which we can control. Nothing is by its own nature calamitous – even death is terrible only if we fear it. – Epictetus.
43. What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity. – J Sidlow Baxter.
44. There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. – W Clement Stone.
45. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. – Leo Tolstoy.
46. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain. – Maya Angelou.
47. The key to life is your attitude. Whether you’re single or married or have kids or don’t have kids, it’s how you look at your life, what you make of it. It’s about making the best of your life wherever you are in life. – Candace Bushnell.
48. Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again. – W Clement Stone.
49. An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality. – Brian Tracy.
50. If you want something different, do something different. “Same crap, different day” doesn’t describe the day; it describes your attitude towards it. – Steve Maraboli.
51. With a bad attitude you can never have a positive day. With a positive attitude you can never have a bad day. – Anon.
52. Excellence is not a skill, it is an attitude. – Ralph Marston.
53. Chaotic people often have chaotic lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have an inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that. – Imelda Staunton.
54. I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. – Anne Frank.
55. Don’t spend your precious time asking Why isn’t the world a better place? It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is How can I make it better? To that there is an answer. – Leo Buscaglia.
56. I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. – Yani Tseng.
57. Always remember you are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem, and stronger than you think! – Winnie the Pooh.
58. I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. – Joel Osteen.
59. A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change. – Earl Nightingale.
60. A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. – Patricia Neal.
61. A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. – Herm Albright.
62. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. – William James.
63. Today is a new beginning, a chance to turn your failures into achievements & your sorrows into so goods. No room for excuses. – Joel Brown.
64. Life is what you make of it. Always has been, always will be. – Grandma Moses.
65. If you light a lamp for someone, it will also light your path. – Buddha.
66. Whenever you fall, pick something up. – Oswald Avery.
67. So long as you’ve got your friends about you, and a good positive attitude, you don’t really have to care what everyone else thinks. – Gail Porter.
68. If you don’t think every day is a good day, just try missing one. – Cavett Robert.
69. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. – Charles Swindoll.
70. The less you care what people think of you, the happier you will be. – Anon.
71. Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon. – Paul Brandt.
72. If you want to have different results, you have to have a different attitude, different habits, different actions. – Anon.
73. Attitude is a reflection of character and character is a reflection of habit. – Tom Ziglar.
74. Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything. – Anon.
75. Set your mind that no matter what is going on in your life, you will always have a good attitude. – Joyce Meyers.
I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom:
Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.
To be enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, to strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
– Christian D Larson.
What’s your favourite quote on attitude? Let me know below. Thanks for joining me on the PMA (positive mental attitude) journey, Sparkleface!
Let’s DO THIS.
~ xoxo, Tia.
Hi! I’m Tia. Multi-passionate Sparklepants, Life Lover, Curator of Awesome. I run this website featuring kickass inspiration to help you sparkle through life, no matter what! Click here to ignite your Inner Sparkle — that shimmery part of your spirit that says YES to courage + connection, and NO WAY to ‘shoulds’ + restrictions.